Wednesday 14 March 2012

Week 21 + 22

During week 21, we were given a study week, as some members the class were away visiting New York.


I'd already started working on thumbnail sketches for my Architecture News page, and continued to work on coming up with design solutions.
Based on what I'd seen in other mags and my own original ideas, I'm trying to produce a design that keeps each article separate whilst also linking them together. Another consideration is hierarchy, and deciding which article should be given the most prominence.
Colour coding, size, positioning and numbering are all ways I've considered.



In our next session in week 22, I received feedback on my thumbnails, both from my peers and lecturers. I created some more designs based on this feedback, and decided on my strongest layout, reproducing and tweaking it along the way.
I then started to think about my "Hooray for Carbuncles" DPS, and how I could relate it to the Architecture News spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment